Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hila and Gabe

hilahannah2.jpg

Hila and Gabe escaped this morning to play in the glorious rain. I noticed that they had stopped watching Dora and went to the front door and and found them soaking wet stomping in puddles. We're in a pretty serious drought right now so the rain is welcome. The children did not want to come in when I called them. It was much more fun to run from me around the driveway. Once again I'm glad we didn't move into that house in Carthage on a busy street. I don't think Gabe would have survived. It didn't occur to me to take a picture of my kids misbehaving. But as soon as I rounded Gabe up and dried him off I laid him down in his bed and tucked the comforter all around him. He was so pleased he didn't protest his nap as he usually does. He just drifted peacefully to sleep. Sleep on a rainy day has to be one of the finest luxuries in the world.

rainysleep2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment