Saturday, April 13, 2013

Honest running playlist

This might be completely boring. I apologize. This is what I ran to this morning, along with a play-by-blay of my run.

1. E-pro, Beck

This one gets the job done, but I think it was a mistake putting it first. I started out running too fast and then I had to walk after the first km. That is when I noticed something really great. The male pollen structures are falling to the ground, spent. What are these things called? Stamens? Anyway, its a good thing. It means the pollen is almost done!!


2. Try, Pink

picked up the pace to pass an old man walking on the road. Yeah, I was flying. lol.

3. Fly Away, Lenny Kravitz

Finally getting into a good rhythm.

4. Ho Hey, The Lumineers

Got on the greenway on Linden, the dog keeps seeing squirrels

5. The Middle, Jimmy Eat World

Still on Linden

6. D,yer Mak'er, Led Zeplin

Crossed the road to avoid a guy walking two dogs. My dog is such a dummy. She's small but she thinks she can tell everyone what to do.

7. Bad Day, Daniel Powter

Merla (the dog) thought she was going to get a squirrel, yanked my arm, then crossed in front of me, tripping me and getting us tangled in her leash. This is why I hate running with my dog. She loves it though. So.

8. Bad Girls, M.I.A.

Love this song, I've worn it out a couple times. Its back on for like the 5th time. Ran through the village, passed a pack of girls running, ran faster.

9. Thrift Shop, Macklemore

hmmm. yeah. Running uphill. I hate this part. Started walking at the top of the hill. But not for too long. After the hill is the police and fire station. I always run faster. You know. In  case there is an emergency or something. Thats it. Also, that is really close to where I turn around.

10. Ttylxox, Bella Thorne

Cut me some slack, okay? This is an honest playlist. And... I have kids. Meh. I can't help it if I like some of their dumb songs! Running past the police/fire station again.

11. It's Only Fear, Alexi Murdoch

This is a slow song, but I love it. And I put it in to remind me to stretch. Two weeks ago I stretched before crossing the crosswalk here and almost got run down. Now I make sure to cross the road first. lol.

12. Party in the USA, Miley Cyrus

Uhhh. Yeah. Can't explain this one. Whatever. Uphill again into the village.

13. All My Days, Alexi Murdoch

I'm having a little Alexi Murdoch crush right now. It isn't really running music but the lyrics slay me. I'm slain.

14. Tonight, Tonight, Hot Chelle Rae

Back on Linden

15. Holla at the DJ, Coco Jones

In the home stretch!

16. Blue Mind, Alexi Murdoch

In the last km, back on my road. Passed a husband/wife running. That always makes me smile. And so does this song. Love. Love. Love.


Home! Pretty slow pace today. 59:07 minutes 9:29/mn miles. Oh well. Got it done.


I wear out my running playlist pretty fast. I have to change it up pretty often. What do you listen to when you run?

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of the same songs on mine. I have Call Me Maybe, Gangnam Style, Dynamite, Everybody Talks, Single Ladies, Party Rock Anthem, Stronger, and at the end I have The Climb. It's totally corny for it to be at the end but that's the truth! I also have Home by Phillip Phillips at the ends as well, for my cool-down.

    ReplyDelete