Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas

I escaped the house last night to do some last minute stocking stuffer shopping. I brought Hannah with me because Hila’s best friend/cousin was spending the night and I didn’t want BJay to feel too overwhelmed. So I was wandering the isles looking for some baking cups that I knew wouldn’t be there when out of the corner of my eye I spied a woman who was looking for something. She saw the baby carrier on my cart and came toward me. I was expecting her to ask me a baby related question. She quickly handed me an envelope and said Merry Christmas! I was a little taken aback and said thank you. And before I could comprehend what just happened, she was gone. I looked at the envelope in my hand and the words “Merry Christmas” were written on it in red ink. I opened it and there was $50 cash inside. I may not be the most needy person in the world, but $50 is a big deal to me. I stood there in the isle and cried a second. I don’t know why. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. Maybe the fact that someone was going out of their way to make the world a Merrier place at Christmas struck me as wonderful. I LOVE giving gifts. I am absolutely giddy this time of year because I love to give people things that I think they would like. I love to make and buy things that I know my children will love. I’m not trying to brag but I honestly don’t ever think about getting anything for Christmas. So I guess that is what struck me when the anonymous woman gave me that gift. How nice it is to recieve things that are joyfully given. So I thought I’d pass on the Merry Christmas! Sorry, I’m keeping the cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment