Friday, December 7, 2007

Nuclear Medicine and a Christmas Party

I met with the nuclear medicine Dr. yesterday. Mom came with me to help with the kids. He was very thurough (sp?), taking my whole history from me, etc. He said that because I’m at relatively low risk he is okay with me breastfeeding the baby as long as I want (or for the next 6 months anyway) and then doing the RAI. I’m still confused about how long to stay away from the children, but he seemed to think that a week was plenty of time… The new study my Endo was talking about was something that won’t help me at this point in the game, but if there is going to be a recurrance it will be helpful… I’m thinking about it. Its a pretty annoying sounding study, a week of serial blood draws and scans. And that is the week before the RAI, so that doubles the time away from the kids. I’m thrilled that I get to keep breastfeeding the baby for a decent amount of time though.
Last night was also the office Christmas party. BJay was in charge of the arrangements and he doesn’t ever want to do it again! LOL. He decided against a really fancy resturant for the adults and went with a cheaper one so everyone’s families could be invited. I thought it was fun. We ate way too much pizza though. The party was at a resturant I used to work at as a teenager. I was suprised the owner actually remembered me. And the food was as good as I remembered. Hannah slept through the whole thing. She’s getting over a cold I think. I will be posting pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment