Friday, November 2, 2007

It's good to have friends...

So I was rushing around today getting the house clean and getting the kids ready to spend the night at Grandma’s and Mema’s and I noticed that there was a package on my doorstep. I haven’t ordered anything, it isn’t anyone’s birthday and all our family lives close enough to just drop something off if they want to. So, it was a very intriguing and exciting peice of mail. Unfortunately I first spied it when I was going to pick Asher up from school, running late–so I waited until I got back. I almost forgot about it because it was a mad rush getting things together before the big client appreciation dinner my husband’s family threw tonight. But this time when I was pulling out of the garage I stopped the car and picked up the box. I didn’t foresee having a quiet moment this evening so I ripped it open while driving. :) And I found the most thoughtful, sweetest, best card and gifts inside. I read the card while driving too (yikes) and it seriously made me cry. I know that people are put into our lives for a reason. And God does occasionally speak to us through the thoughtful acts of kindness and love by those who are close to us. I’ve been trying not to make a big deal about my surgery tomorrow or worry anyone with the little scraps of paranoia I keep locked up in the back of my mind. A comfy pair of slippers, some foot scrub, a Reader’s Digest and some yummy chocolate speak volumes. Its good to have friends. And its good to feel that even things unsaid can be heard. Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment