Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pathology report II

So we went to Chapel Hill today for the 2nd pathology report. It was pretty good news. There was another small tumor on the left side that was taken out. So its good that I got the total thyroidectomy. There was no sign of vascular invasion and no sign that the cancer has spread. Lymphnodes were clear, and the surgeon said that the chestscan was clear. So I think that means that I’m pretty much cancer free. The next and hopefully final step of the journey is to meet with the nuclear medicine guy next week and come up with a strategy for the RAI. I think that is going to be the worst part, but I spoke with my Endocrinologist and he was saying that there is a new procedure they just started 6 months ago that may require less time away from my children. I hope so. I’ll update on that whenever I learn more. It was a good 10 year anniversary. We spent some time wandering the mall and Sam’s club and got some lunch at Panera. Probably not the spectacular day I might have expected 10 years ago, but just perfect for where I’m at right now. I love my husband. I love my kids. I love all the time I get to spend with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment