Monday, November 26, 2007

Kick-off to Christmas

We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving dinner was at the inlaws this year. My sisters and I went up to Cary and crashed at Jamie’s pad so we could be closer to the Black Friday sales. I dragged them out of bed at 3am and we divided and conquered our sale shopping lists! I stayed in line at Staples while they went to Old Navy and Kohls. We got everything we were hoping for. And we did it on only 1.5 hours of sleep! Hannah, poor thing, was my shopping buddy. She stayed bundled up and cozy in her bjorn and slept through most of it, waking for the occasional feeding and diaper change. Friday mom hosted a leftover & pie feast. Yum. I’m sorry, but my mom’s pie is the best! It was the boy’s turn to play all night. BJay, Tony and my dad played Wii until the wee hours of the morning. Silly boys. Then Saturday we recovered the disaster of our house and went on a walk around the reservoir lake. It was beautiful. Asher and Hila were able to keep up, and 2.2 miles is a long way on those little legs! So tomorrow BJay and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary by going up to Chapel Hill for my follow up appointment from my surgery and while we are there we’ll get a bite to eat. Then we have to dash home so we can put up our stockings and Christmas tree for FHE. Sigh. Life is busy and pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment